r/technology Feb 03 '23

Netflix says strict new password sharing rules were posted in error Business


1.8k comments sorted by

View all comments

Show parent comments


u/simmeh024 Feb 03 '23

Positive by not loosing that many subs. If only 1% canceled, they would be like nah, lets continue. Apparently they saw their company going up in flames after announcing this lol.


u/LesbianCommander Feb 04 '23

Depending on how strong the brand is, sometimes it's a benefit.

Like, 1% will get mad, call it shitty, and the remaining 99% will take that as a personal attack against them, and then they'll double down. Maybe pay for extra ones just to spite the 1% who made them feel bad. And in total, they'll get more money.